Wednesday 9 February 2022

28mm Perry Confederate Generals

Every year I pop along to the annual Christchurch Wargamers Swap Meet at the Woolston Workingmens Club with no intension of buying anything...and every year I've come away lighter in the wallet. Last year was no acception, although the August event was delayed until November due to Covid restrictions here in New Zealand. At one stage it was thought that the event would not go ahead at all, which led me to actually buy a 28mm two-masted 18th century sloop directly off a bloke who had 3D printed it off to sell at the swap meet. That done, my intention was to head along and have a chat with like-minded blokes that I only get to catch up with once a year...we'll that was what I told my long suffering wife. Anyway, within 5 minutes of arriving I had secured some bargains that included a pack of 3 Perry Miniatures 28mm Confederate generals, some 28mm French and Indian Wars British infantry, French couriers du bois and a host in woodland indians...and some Foundry Plains Wars US Army infantry (that I wasn't that interested in, but I was attracted to the mounted Gatling Gun that was included). At the Mess such purchases tend to get thrown in a box and can remain unpainted for years. However, this year was the exception and I managed to paint the Confederate generals in record time for me.
Now back to concentrating on my Seven Years War/ French & Indian War project. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment