Tuesday 21 April 2020

Confederate Camp

During the lockdown I've been working from home and haven't had as much free time as I had hoped. However, I have managed to start and complete a few small projects that will hopefully add a little spice to the gaming table. One of these projects was a small Confederate camp site using Renedra plastic tents and 28 mm Perry Miniatures. I made the most of a Renedra sale earlier in the year and bought a few more tents than I needed, but I'm sure I'll find some use for them all. I used a small piece of 6 mm thick mdf as the base (instead of my usual 3 mm bases) in an effort to prevent any warping in the glueing and painting process.   

The tent set comes with small camp stretchers, one of which I placed in the officer's tent.
I've tried to create a casual early war camp scene with the fire as the focus.

I might even add some straw coming out of the  open tents as bedding for the enlisted men.

I'm reasonably happy with how the tents turned out by starting with a light grey undercoat, followed by a Ghost grey top coat, washing with a sepia wash, then a dry brush with more Ghost grey. 
I really like the pose of this bloke smoking his pipe.
 A Federal camp is almost near completion, so I hope to be posting some shots of that soon.

Thanks for having a look. Until next time! 
   

2 comments:

  1. Really nice work on these, the tents look great, as do all the nonchalant troops "hanging around" - look out for a passing officer, he will give them some work to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nuce work. I've been working on the same thing! Although not ACW.

    ReplyDelete