Wednesday 11 January 2023

SYW Hessian Prinz Wilhem Cavalry Regiment in 28mm

This unit, which is my version of the SYW Hessian Prinz Wilhem Cavalry Regiment, was the last unit that I managed to paint up for 2022. That said, I can't take credit for all of the painting, as I was doing my little bit for the planet by re-cycling these 28mm Wargames Foundry Prussian cuirassier figures which I purchased third-hand (although I had to recruit 3 new figures from Foundry to bring the unit up to strength). When I acquired them from another of the Southern Strategists they had dark blue coats, yellow facings, and silver breast plates, which I suspect was supposed to represent an Imagination regiment. They now have white coats and blue facings as the first of my Hessian cavalry regiments. Not quite historically correct, as the Hessians had dispensed wearing the cuirass by the 1750s...but I can live with that.
. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment