Tuesday 2 January 2018

Peninsular War British 23rd Foot

The 23rd Foot (Royal Welch Fusiliers) is my first unit to be painted up for 2018. However, I must confess that this unit is actually one 'tarted up' from an army I paid someone else to paint for me way back in the early '90s when I lacked the confidence and experience in painting my first metal figures. I bought these Essex 25/28 mm figures as part of a ready-made army from The Guardroom in Dunstable and they seem a bit a bit dated compared to the huge range of multi-posed Napoleonic figures available today. Nevertheless, I'm sure they will perform just as well on the games table when they get the chance...depending on my dubious dice throwing skills. These blokes have had a few newly painted extra figures added to bring the battalion up to strength, including a Front Rank mounted colonel. The flags are by GMB.






The Royal Welch Fusiliers became one of my favourite British regiments after I had visited the regimental museum in Caenarfon Castle and scored myself an old bugle from an antique shop in Tintagel that had the regimental badge attached to it. The bugle still works, much to my neighbours annoyance!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. They look superb, great painting and beautiful flags!

    ReplyDelete