Thursday 8 December 2022

Completed Scratch-built Fortified Tower House in 28mm

Earlier this year I posted some images of the beginning of a 28mm fortified tower house project...which I've now finally finshed. It became a 'labour of love' and took up much of my gaming table throughout the Southern Hemisphere winter months. Made out of artist foam board, insulation foam board, cereal box cardboard, and Christmas Shop vinyl paving sheets, it's a bit rustic but I'm happy enough with it for my first attempt at something on this scale. I've used 6mm mdf board for the base, but I intend carving up a rocky plateau from insulation foam board to go underneath it. The layout was very loosely based on Dunguaire Castle in Galway and Smailholm Castle on the Scottish border. It should serve as a nice table piece for my planned Irish and Scottish Jacobite campaigns, as well as some Border Reiver skirmishes.
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. THAT is very cool, my friend. As the proud owner of a decent sized Border Reivers collection, I must say, this is a very impressive building indeed!

    ReplyDelete