Friday 1 May 2020

28mm ACW Federal camp

Following on from producing the Confederate camp site, I've now finished off the Federal camp, again using Renedra plastic tents and Perry Miniature figures. This one is a bit more stark compared to the Rebel camp in that I've chosen not to include a tree in this diorama. I read somewhere a few years ago that the Confederates liked to camp adjacent to or within wooded areas, while the Feds preferred more open area for their camp sites. Whether this is true or not, that's the reason I added a tree to the Rebs' camp and not to this one. 
The Federal camp that follows the same layout as the Rebel camp in a previous post.  

I wanted to make the camp fire the focal point for these dioramas.

I particularly like the figure cooking steaks in a fry pan over the fire. The fire comes as part of the plastic tent set.




I still have some spare tents, so these will be used to create a couple of small camps for picquets or to place within fortifications. All I have to do now is finish off re-basing my two AW armies so I can put them to good use on the gaming table.

Thanks for taking a look.

Until next time! 

2 comments:

  1. This is a little gem, love this kind of stand...Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work again on this campsite and interesting little snippet about the preferred camping sites!

    ReplyDelete