Sunday 18 March 2018

Von Munchausen's Grenadiers

The latest second-hand infantry unit to be 'tarted up' in my Hessian force is Grenadier Regiment von Munchausen. This is a fictional regiment and the uniform is basically that which the original owner had painted, except for the newly-painted red turn-backs. I gave the officer a silver sash and the GMB flags are those for the Knyphausen Regiment (which I hadn't intended to include in my army, hence now being portrayed as von Munchausen's). I gave these Wargames Foundry figures a new coat of Dark Prussian Blue, re-based them and had to add another stand of new figures that I painted to match the rest of the unit.




These GMB flags are superb and easy to mount. I paint the areas that tend to over-lap when bending the flags into shape.

I know I'm a bit late with this but, Happy St Patrick's Day! I love this Bartek cartoon of a temptress chasseur of Napoleon's French Irish Legion. It's a regiment I intend to paint up at some stage, but the figures certainly won't look like this! A wee treat to celebrate my Irish ancestry.

Until next time! 

2 comments:

  1. Most impressive grenadiers, amazing details on them, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous looking grenadiers!

    ReplyDelete